Peppermint Community IT Cloud
The multi-award winning Peppermint Legal Service Platform operates in a secure and private IT cloud where the service and infrastructure is only available to Peppermint clients. This gives Peppermint clients access to all the benefits of IT cloud computing but with the added peace of mind the IT cloud environment is restricted to known Peppermint clients.
What is the IT Cloud from Peppermint?
The Peppermint Community IT Cloud offers Law Firms, Solicitors and Lawyers predictable costs and you don't have to worry about buying and maintaining IT infrastructure. It works like an electricity supply: you simply plug in and go. Unlike other software providers offering "cloud solutions" our modern, multi-award winning legal software was designed and optimised to work in the cloud.
The Peppermint Community IT Cloud is delivered by our sister company, OLM Group. OLM is a lead investor in Peppermint and has a 20 year track record of delivering software and IT services to government. They have designed and operate the Peppermint IT Cloud to adhere to government security and availability standards. We believe this level of operation reflects the demanding and secure requirements of a legal service provider.
Key Peppermint Community IT Cloud Features for your Law Office:
Leading IT Cloud Computing Security Experts
The Peppermint Community IT Cloud is designed, built and maintained by some of the UK's leading IT cloud computing security experts.
- CLAS consultants (CESG Listed Advisor Scheme), of which there are only around 500 in the UK. CESG is the Information Assurance (IA) arm of GCHQ and is the UK Government's National Technical Authority for information assurance, responsible for enabling secure and trusted knowledge sharing.
- Member of BSI's Associate Consultant Programme (ACP).
- ISO 27001 Certified Company (Information Security Management Systems).
- Microsoft Partner with Gold competencies in Information Worker Solutions, Networking Infrastructure Solutions and Advanced Infrastructure Solutions.
- ISO 9001 Certified Company (Quality Management).
Highly Secure IT Cloud Computing Environment
We do not believe Public IT Cloud Computing is mature enough to offer the high security and availability requirements of the legal market, so we have designed the Peppermint Community IT Cloud offering exclusively for Peppermint clients and to reflect their specific needs.
- Full ownership and instant access to our IT infrastructure. Many alternative offerings in the market today have no access or control over the infrastructure. This means they have no control when something goes wrong.
- 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year on-site security and additional remote monitoring with CCTV surveillance and alarm security systems.
- Proximity access control systems on all doors to limit access to authorised personnel.
- 2 geographically dispersed UK locations.
- High level of separation between UK legal profession and rest of world. With Firewalls accredited to Common Criteria EAL4+ standards.
- Data Protection Act compatible.
Legal Business Continuity and Data Recovery Built-in
In the legal services market, downtime is not an option so having an effective disaster recovery plan in place is critical. For this reason we have gone to great lengths, and made significant investment, to ensure we optimise service availability for the Peppermint Community IT Cloud.
- Tier 3 Datacentre standard.
- 99.982% availability.
- Multi-level data recovery with customer specific tapes sent to customer locations if required.
- Real-time IT replication between master and standby data centres.
- Protection by industry standard McAfee Antivirus software managed by the E-Policy Orchestrator Console that alerts of issues and enables rapid reaction to potential threats.
- Site resilience:
- On-site substation supplied by diverse routes from the national grid.
- Generators and UPS backed electricity supply to ensure continuous running in the event of a national grid failure. On-site fuel for 36 hours and a 12 hour refuelling contract allows the building to run indefinitely without mains electricity.
- Down flow (under floor) air conditioning designed such that the failure of one unit can be handled by other units.
- Full under floor water leak detection and rectification of water leaks.
- Full VESDA (Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus) system for early detection of smoke and heat so that any potential fire is detected before it can develop further. An FM-200 (Gas Only, No Liquid as not to damage server equipment) fire suppression system is in place. The FM-200 system even protects the cables running in the void space under the floor.
- Multiple independent distribution paths serving the IT equipment.
- All IT equipment is dual-powered and fully compatible with the topology of a site's architecture.
Predictable Legal IT Costs
As well as the flexibility and resilience our Community IT cloud offers you predictable and affordable access to the latest modern technology.
- Predictable fee.
- Scale up or down depending on the number of users.
- Set up new sites instantly with no additional IT infrastructure costs.
- Reduced IT infrastructure maintenance costs.
- Lower energy bills.
- Reduced IT capital expenditure costs for renewing or replacing equipment.
- Access to the latest versions of legal software from the Peppermint Community IT Cloud without the expense of upgrading.
What is Cloud Computing? For top tips on Cloud Computing take a look at our Guide to Cloud Computing.
For more information read:
Legal Software Overview
Legal Case Management Software
Legal Practice Management Software
Legal Accounts Software