Legal Accounts Software
New pricing models, the pressure of changing regulations and increased law firm competition are all driving law firms to have much tighter control over their finances and legal accounting procedures. The multi-award winning Peppermint Legal Service Platform takes a unique approach to helping law firms achieve this through delivering one joined up legal software Platform where every data point and process is connected. The result gives law firms the power and insight to make good business and financial decisions, quickly and with confidence.
What is Legal Accounts Software in the Peppermint Legal Service Platform?
The multi-award winning Legal Service Platform provides a financial accounting system that has extensive scope, allows the law office to be fully compliant and is feature rich.
All financial data points, activities, tasks and processes are seamlessly connected to the client record, other legal software applications and content in the Legal Service Platform. This approach allows you to understand the true value of each client to the business and provide services in the most appropriate manner.
The scope of the legal accounts software includes Billing & Time Recording, Purchase Ledger, Nominal Ledger, Credit Control, Business Intelligence and Financial Reporting.
Key Legal Accounts Software Features for your Law Office:
Compliance across all legal business areas
Billing and Time Recording
- Bill templates can be stored at firm, branch, department, work type, contact, client or matter level for complete flexibility.
- Multiple time recording charge rates.
- Full ultilisation, realisation and profitability analysis.
- Multiple time recording methods to ensure all time is accurately captured.
- Expense capture.
- Fixed fee billing.
- On-line bill drafting and workflow driven approval.
- Automated bill printing and posting.
For further information please see Billing and Time Recording.
- Manage the law firm's own purchases and matter related disbursements.
- Scan invoices for subsequent retrieval, enquiry and inclusion in bills.
- Process accruals and prepayments.
- Automatically split invoices across multiple pre-defined cost centres from within the accounting software.
- Manage and control the law firm's accounting and financial liability.
- Control cash flow.
- Flexible structure with multi-tiered cost centre hierarchy.
- User defined charts of accounts.
- Multi-level budgeting with automated legal software Excel import/export for financial modelling.
- Multiple open accounting periods.
- Auto allocation of postings across cost centres based on law firm's own rules.
- Multi-tiered security model.
- Law firm defined collection processes.
- Unlimited collection processes to suit specific client profiles.
- Automated communication by letter, e-mail and SMS.
- Automated escalation, activities and collaboration driven from the workflow and business process management engine.
- Suite of pre-built financial reports and dashboards.
- Simple to use 'Report Wizard' to build user defined reports.
- Report scheduler for automated production of reporting packs.
- Full export to Excel for off-line modelling and data manipulation.
For further information please see Business Intelligence and Reporting.
- 'Always on' business process management engine automates routine tasks such as accounts posting requisitions, credit control and billing production.
- Proactive monitoring and alerts of risk and/or potential breaches of SRA accounts rules.
- Pre-programmed action to resolve situations without any human intervention.
For further information please see Workflow and Business Process Management.
Watch this video to see what ILFM Lecturer Darren Whelan has to say about the Platform legal accounting software.
For more information read:
Legal Case Management Software
Legal Billing and Time Recording Software
Legal Business Intelligence and Reporting Software
Risk Management Legal Software: COFA and COLP Tools
Workflow and Legal Business Process Management (BPM) Software